Water Purification Visit
Shree Gavisiddheshwara college of Nursing Organised Water Purification Visit on 8th and 14th December 2022 for 40 students in each batch of II Year & I Year B. Sc. Nursing at Sindogi, Koppal District accompanied two teaching faculties. Students had reach the plant at 11 am, under the guidance of Mr. Nagaraj briefed about the structure and working of the water purification plant and offered visit to the concerned areas.
Details of the Visit
Water treatment is whereby the used water or raw water from the river is treated in process to make the water more acceptable for a desired end-used. The goal of water treatment is to remove existing contaminants in the water, or reduce the concentration of such contaminants so the water becomes fit for its desired end-used. The process involved in treating water is solids separation using physical process and chemical process. Before the water is distributed into the public houses, the water has to undergo the water treatment process such as follows: –
• Aeration are to eliminate unneeded dissolved gases such as (CO2, H2S,NH3).
• It is also to increase DO level in water and remove DOC
• Coagulation is the removal of turbidity from the water.
• Turbidity is a cloudy appearance of water caused by small particles suspended therein. Water with little or no turbidity will clear.
• Flocculation is mixing process in which particles are brought into contact in order to promote their agglomeration
• Sedimentation is to remove suspended material from water by the action of gravity.
• Filtration is to remove suspended particles from water by passing the water through medium such as sand.
• Disinfection is to destroy pathogens within a practicable period of time.
Students got an excellent benefit by visiting the water purification plant in Sindogi with a capacity of 10 million litres /day and understand about the purification methods.